Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Afar Region, Round 13: September/October 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
Director of Global Communications
June 30, 2011 - Los Angeles, Calif - Severe droughts in the Horn of Africa brought on by consecutive dry rainy seasons, have inflicted wide scale crop failure and food insecurity on already resource-poor communities struggling to survive in the region. International Medical Corps is preparing for an emerging humanitarian crisis in refugee camps in the Somali Region of Ethiopia.
Afghanistan: IMC's 20-year history of medical assistance, health care training, and relief and development programs in Afghanistan reflects the depth of its long-standing commitment to the Afghan people.IMC currently supports and operates over 45 community-based health centers including 40 maternal child health clinics, four emergency obstetric care centers, and one provincial hospital. IMC also supports an extensive community health care network, including well-equipped training centers in 10 provinces across Afghanistan.
The recurring drought in Ethiopia in recent years has devastated the nutritional well being, general health status, food security, and economic stability of the population. International Medical Corps is planning an emergency nutrition and health program in Ethiopia that will minimize the effects of the drought on the population in drought-affected areas.