Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
Rising tensions over a historic region may pull Ethiopia and Eritrea back into conflict, with the both sides placing blame on the other and a UN commission stuck in the middle.
By Daniel Auma in Nairobi for ISN Security Watch (28/11/07)
The thin line between a potential border war between Ethiopia and Eritrea hinges on the identification of the families living in Badme, a disputed territory, considered "historic and symbolic" by the two rival states.
By Simon Roughneen for ISN in Nairobi and Turkana, Kenya (21/3/06)
The failure of the long rains in late 2005 has left at least 11 million east Africans vulnerable to a severe drought and debilitating food shortages. As animals die due to lack of water and pasture, the people who depend on their livestock for milk, meat, and income are growing hungrier by the day.