Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
From SDC Newsletter August 2000
The bloody war between Ethiopia and Eritrea over their common border lasted two years.
On June 18 the two neighbours signed a ceasefire agreement in Algiers. The need for humanitarian aid will continue for some time.
AHJ/ZJ. Periods of drought have affected the Horn of Africa since time immemorial. After the last famine in 1985/86, measures were taken in Ethiopia to prevent such human tragedies (e.g. emergency food depots). Since the mid 80s, Swiss humanitarian aid has been represented in the area through the SDC.