Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Tigray Region, Round 14: November – December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Somali Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Teaching science and hope in an Ethiopian refugee camp
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Amhara Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
From SDC Newsletter August 2000
The bloody war between Ethiopia and Eritrea over their common border lasted two years.
On June 18 the two neighbours signed a ceasefire agreement in Algiers. The need for humanitarian aid will continue for some time.
AHJ/ZJ. Periods of drought have affected the Horn of Africa since time immemorial. After the last famine in 1985/86, measures were taken in Ethiopia to prevent such human tragedies (e.g. emergency food depots). Since the mid 80s, Swiss humanitarian aid has been represented in the area through the SDC.