Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
The Horn of Africa is currently in the grip of a crisis threatening the lives of millions of people across the region. The seven countries in the Horn - Eritrea, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Somalia, Kenya, Uganda and Sudan - have a combined population of 160 million people, almost half of whom live in areas which suffer from chronic food shortages.
Trócaire launches an Africa-wide emergency appeal to raise €3 million to target the many countries on the African continent facing hunger and food insecurity.
A number of regions in Africa are experiencing food shortages with various levels of severity and complexity.