Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Political Will Changing Story of Horn of Africa: Ramtane
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
Mature swarm arrives on Pakistan coast from Yemen
World Humanitarian Day has been celebrated by over 40 countries worldwide on 19 August since 2009. The day was chosen to commemorate the death of 22 humanitarian workers who, in 2003, were killed when the UN Office in Iraq was bombed.
Among those killed was Sergio Viera de Mello, the UN’s High Commissioner for Human Rights and Special Representative of the Secretary-General to Iraq. His widow, who set up the Sergio Viera de Mello Foundation, fought for 19 August to be recognised as World Humanitarian Day.
BRUSSELS - With a contribution of a 4 million euros from ECHO for Pakistan today, the European Commission (EC) has provided its largest contribution since 1992 - some 214 million euros - to the United Nations World Food Programme's (WFP) operations around the globe in its effort to save lives and feed the hungry poor.