Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
Detention Centre Profiling is a component of IOM Libya’s Displacement Matrix programme. It is a data oriented tool that routinely provides specific sex and age demographic data and key sectorial information on individuals held in Libya’s detention Centres.
In this round, 12 detention centres have been assessed, namely Abusliem, Al kufra, Alsabaa, Benghazi Al Wafiah, Ejdabia, Janzour, Misrata Kararim, Qasr Bin Ghasheer, Sabratha Melita, Tobruk, Trig al Seka, and Zliten.
Purpose and scope
The movement of refugees and migrants across the Sahara and the central Mediterranean Sea towards Europe continues to have a devastating toll on human life. Between January and August 2017, an estimated 2,270 refugees and migrants died at sea in the central Mediterranean. It is estimated that many others died on their way across the desert and in detention centres.