Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Roads to peace: EU supports reconnecting Eritrea and Ethiopia
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Ethiopia: Humanitarian Response Situation Report No. 20 (January 2019)
- WFP resumes food distributions in Ethiopia’s Dawa Zone
- Greater Horn of Africa Region: Humanitarian Snapshot (November - December 2018)
New York (dpa) - At least 38 million people in Africa are threatened by hunger, caused mostly by a drought that is extending from the Horn of Africa to the southern part of the continent, the World Food Programme (WFP) said Tuesday.
WFP director James Morris told the U.N. Security Council in an open meeting that the lack of political will remains the only obstacle to help those in needs.
''This is an unprecedented crisis, which calls for an unprecedented response,'' Morris said.