Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - Operational Presence, Ongoing and Planned Activities (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - Food Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities Map (as of November 2018)
Global trends and challenges
More than 1 per cent of people across the planet right now are caught up in major humanitarian crises. The international humanitarian system is more effective than ever at meeting their needs – but global trends including poverty, population growth and climate change are leaving more people than ever vulnerable to the devastating impacts of conflicts and disasters.
Director-General of the UN Office in Geneva,
Colleagues and friends,
It is an honour to be called to this mandate, to assist States to uphold the human rights of their people, in this year in which we celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Global Overview JULY 2018
In a complex and fast-changing world, we remain focused and resolute in pursuit of our goal – to provide the most appropriate, effective medicine in the harshest of environments. As well as responding to vital needs, our aid is born of a desire to show solidarity with people who are suffering, whether as a result of conflict, neglect or disease.
About this map
The Peoples under Threat ranking highlights countries most at risk of genocide and mass killing. The ranking is created by compiling data on the known antecedents to genocide or mass political killing.
The threat of mass killing, genocide and other violence is rising in countries where governments are resorting to repressive measures to suffocate dissent, according to new data analysis by Minority Rights Group International (MRG) and the Ceasefire Centre for Civilian Rights.
Global Overview MAY 2018
Estudio global de las amenazas o instancias de uso deliberado o indiscriminado de la fuerza contra estudiantes, docentes, académicos, personal auxiliar educativo y de transporte o funcionarios de educación, y contra escuelas, universidades y otras instituciones educativas, perpetradas con fines políticos, militares, ideológicos, sectarios, étnicos o religiosos entre 2013 y 2017.
Ataques a la educación y uso militar de escuelas y universidades en los países analizados, 2013-2017
Países muy gravemente afectados
Une étude globale des menaces ou de l'usage de la force, délibérée ou non, contre les élèves, les enseignants, les universitaires, le personnel scolaire et des transports ou les agents de l'éducation; et contre les écoles, les universités et autres institutions éducatives, menées pour des raisons politiques, militaires, idéologiques, sectaires, ethniques ou religieuses de 2013 à 2017.
Attaques contre l'éducation et utilisation militaire des écoles et des universités dans les pays ciblés, 2013-2017
Très lourdement affectés
In countries across the globe from Afghanistan to Colombia to India to Mali to Turkey to Yemen and on, students, teachers, and educational facilities are under siege. Targeted killings, rape, abduction, child recruitment, intimidation, threats, military occupation, and destruction of property are just some of the ways in which education is being attacked.
Global Overview APRIL 2018
• In Q1-2018, the FAO cereal price index rose by 8.6 percent from Q1-2017, while the global food price index declined by 2 percent year-on-year.
• The real price for wheat was 22 percent above Q1-2017 levels: crops suffered dryness in the United States and cold weather in Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States, leaving production forecasts open to a downward revision.3 World ending stocks remain at record levels.
Global Overview MARCH 2018
7 March 2018
A few days ago, we celebrated the centenary year of Nelson Mandela’s birth. We spoke of his example; his fortitude, his suffering and compassion, while recalling also the declaration that he and my predecessor Mary Robinson signed in 2000 on diversity and tolerance.
Global Overview FEBRUARY 2018
• In Q4-2017, the global food price index of FAO dropped by 2 percent compared to Q3 and remained at approximately the same level as one year ago.
In contrast, the cereal price index rose by 7.6 percent in comparison to Q4-2016.
• Although the real price2 of wheat fell by 2 percent from Q3-2017, prices are still 19 percent higher than in 2016, even though world ending stocks of wheat are at record levels.
• In Q4, the real price of maize was low at US$119/ mt with only slight variation from Q3-2017 and the previous year.