Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
• Since July 2013, the jurisdiction of Egypt’s military has further expanded and military officers may arrest non-citizens for immigration reasons, placing them before military tribunals that do not meet international fair trial standards.
• Detention facilities—which include police stations, border guard stations, and prisons—are often overcrowded and lack basic detention conditions.
Our analysis shows that millions of ‘people caught in crisis’ - people living in conflict, and/or who are displaced within their own countries or across borders – are in fact being left behind. Failure to take action now means that the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will not be met, undermining the credibility of the international community and leaving millions to die unnecessarily.
Global Overview JULY 2018
In a complex and fast-changing world, we remain focused and resolute in pursuit of our goal – to provide the most appropriate, effective medicine in the harshest of environments. As well as responding to vital needs, our aid is born of a desire to show solidarity with people who are suffering, whether as a result of conflict, neglect or disease.
Guide for policy makers
This report provides an overview of alternatives to immigration detention in Africa. Drawing from examples in 32 African countries, the report highlights some of the measures in place that contribute to the effective and humane governance of migration, while avoiding the use of unnecessary immigration detention.
African policy makers are facing both internal and external pressure to manage migration more effectively. The research undertaken for this report demonstrates that:
About this map
The Peoples under Threat ranking highlights countries most at risk of genocide and mass killing. The ranking is created by compiling data on the known antecedents to genocide or mass political killing.
The threat of mass killing, genocide and other violence is rising in countries where governments are resorting to repressive measures to suffocate dissent, according to new data analysis by Minority Rights Group International (MRG) and the Ceasefire Centre for Civilian Rights.
Global Overview MAY 2018
In 2017, there were at least 701 attacks on hospitals, health workers, patients, and ambulances in 23 countries in conflict around the world. More than 101 health workers and 293 patients and others are reported to have died as a result of these attacks
Estudio global de las amenazas o instancias de uso deliberado o indiscriminado de la fuerza contra estudiantes, docentes, académicos, personal auxiliar educativo y de transporte o funcionarios de educación, y contra escuelas, universidades y otras instituciones educativas, perpetradas con fines políticos, militares, ideológicos, sectarios, étnicos o religiosos entre 2013 y 2017.
Ataques a la educación y uso militar de escuelas y universidades en los países analizados, 2013-2017
Países muy gravemente afectados
Une étude globale des menaces ou de l'usage de la force, délibérée ou non, contre les élèves, les enseignants, les universitaires, le personnel scolaire et des transports ou les agents de l'éducation; et contre les écoles, les universités et autres institutions éducatives, menées pour des raisons politiques, militaires, idéologiques, sectaires, ethniques ou religieuses de 2013 à 2017.
Attaques contre l'éducation et utilisation militaire des écoles et des universités dans les pays ciblés, 2013-2017
Très lourdement affectés
In countries across the globe from Afghanistan to Colombia to India to Mali to Turkey to Yemen and on, students, teachers, and educational facilities are under siege. Targeted killings, rape, abduction, child recruitment, intimidation, threats, military occupation, and destruction of property are just some of the ways in which education is being attacked.
Regional Mixed Migration Secretariat (RMMS) summary for March 2018 covering mixed migration events, trends and data for Djibouti, Eritrea, South Sudan, Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Somalia / Somaliland and Yemen.
Global Overview APRIL 2018
Global Overview MARCH 2018
Regional Mixed Migration Secretariat (RMMS) summary for February 2018 covering mixed migration events, trends and data for Djibouti, Eritrea, South Sudan, Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Somalia / Somaliland and Yemen.
Regional Mixed Migration Secretariat (RMMS ) summary for January 2018 covering mixed migration events, trends and data for Djibouti, Eritrea, South Sudan, Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Somalia / Somaliland and Yemen.