Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Marks World AIDS Day with Optimism Following New Report on HIV Care and Treatment Progress
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- WFP Ethiopia Country Brief, October 2018
July 16, 2018 (KHARTOUM) - Sudan’s Higher Committee to Combat Human Trafficking said it would develop a national anti-trafficking strategy as well as activating existing laws to counter the phenomenon in accordance with the established international standards.
In a meeting chaired by Vice-President Hassabo Mohamed Abdel-Rahman on Sunday, the committee discussed legal frameworks to combat human trafficking besides humanitarian and social effects of the phenomenon.
September 26, 2015 (KHARTOUM) - An Egyptian security official Saturday said the authorities rescued 174 illegal immigrants, mostly Sudanese as they were heading to Europe on a boat, 47 nautical miles north west of Mersa Matruh.
Egypt’s al-Youm al-Sabi’i daily newspaper quoted the director of security in Mersa Matruh, Maj. Gen. Hashim Lutfi, as saying that the rescued immigrants include 23 Egyptians and 151 from nine other countries.
August 13, 2013 (KHARTOUM) – Three airplanes carrying Qatari and Ethiopian relief for the Sudanese affected by the recent floods have arrived in Khartoum on Tuesday as fresh official figures pointed that the number of the affected population has reached 23.000 people.
Two of the three planes were from Qatar in line with orders of Sheik Tamim Bin Hamad al-Thani and besides 80 tons of relief items were also carrying a search and rescue team.