Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
INTRODUCTION: HARROWING JOURNEYS AND UNSPEAKABLE SUFFERING
Protracted violent conflicts, devastating climate events, entrenched economic inequality, relentless persecution and crime, and other complex problems with no easy solutions drive millions of people every year to go in search of a safer and more dignified life. Among them are children, some with their families, but many without.
These children face harrowing journeys and risk unspeakable suffering.
1. Background and objectives
A. Rights of migrants in action project
The year 2015 marked the 10th anniversary of the Global Shelter Cluster, the inter-agency coordination mechanism for shelter response. During these ten years, coordination has improved in consistency, shelter responses have grown in scale, and there are more people with experience in shelter programming, but people continue to lose their dwellings and be displaced due to conflict and natural disasters. Global humanitarian shelter needs continue to greatly exceed the capacity and resources to respond.
Transmitted to us through the Turkish Ministry of Foreign affairs on 06.29.2016, 20,000.00.-USD were transferred to the bank account of the Supreme Council of the Ethiopian Islamic Affairs, amid its request for financial support to Iftar programmes.
Referring to the Guinea-Bissau Honorary Consulates request to send food aid to people in need, on 06.29.2016 20,000.00-USD’s were transferred to the Guinea-Bissau Honorary Consulate of Islamic Art and Culture Research Centre’s bank account.
Main event: ‘A Global Call for Support and Action: Responding to El Niño’
Panel: OCHA, CARE, IFRC, UNDP, AU Commission, RC/HC Ethiopia
This was the sixth significant Member States briefing on El Niño since October 2015. More than 45 Member States and over 200 humanitarian and development partners participated.
This report covers the period 1 January 2010 to 30 June 2010.
Programme outcome: To increase the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRC) capacity to assist National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies reduce the number of deaths, injuries and the impact of disasters through the timely and adequate financial support for disaster response from the DREF.
Programme(s) summary: At 30 June 2010, IFRC had made 73 allocations from the DREF to support 67 different operations for a total of 11,285,280 Swiss francs bringing assistance to over …
(Fuentes: FAO, Federación Internacional de Sociedades de la Cruz Roja y de la Media Luna Roja, Cruz Roja Española).
- A comienzos de 2008, los precios mundiales de los alimentos y del petróleo se dispararon. Entre las posibles causas de esta subida vertiginosa se encontraban los efectos del cambio climático, la crisis financiera, continuadas malas cosechas en países exportadores o la producción de biocombustibles.
Los efectos fueron inmediatos.