Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Afar Region, Round 13: September/October 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
UNDAC Teams deployment since 01 Jan. 2005 - to date:
- Sri Lanka-Earthquake/Tsunami
- Guyana - Floods
- Tokelau - Cyclone Percy
- Cook Islands- Cyclone Percy
- Dominican Republic. - Floods
- Indonesia - Earthquake
ASSISTANT EMERGENCY RELIEF COORDINATOR AND DIRECTOR OF OCHA GENEVA, MISSIONS TO:
- Abu Dhabi - ODSG Meeting, 7-10 May 2005
Information available as of 15 August 1999 was used in preparing this report.
Natural disasters claimed more than 50,000 lives and resulted in economic losses exceeding $90 billion during 1998; while wars in Africa, Asia and Europe displaced millions more. This horrifying toll will set the scene for the Economic and Social Council's debate, when it begins its segment on humanitarian affairs on 13 July.