Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - Operational Presence, Ongoing and Planned Activities (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - Education Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities Map (as of November 2018)
Global trends and challenges
More than 1 per cent of people across the planet right now are caught up in major humanitarian crises. The international humanitarian system is more effective than ever at meeting their needs – but global trends including poverty, population growth and climate change are leaving more people than ever vulnerable to the devastating impacts of conflicts and disasters.
General Assembly Hall
Thank you for attending this meeting, which is an update for member states on the latest on the Central Emergency Response Fund, as at the end of the first quarter of 2010.
In its resolution 60/124 of December 2005, the General Assembly of the United Nations sought to remedy two problems that had bedevilled UN efforts to deliver humanitarian assistance in a timely and effective manner.
Pledges and Contributions
The Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is pleased to acknowledge the receipt of five new contributions for 2007 and ten for 2008 (as of 31 December) totalling $47,401,891.
Pledges and contributions
The Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is pleased to acknowledge the receipt of a new contribution (as of 30 November) made by Chile ($30,000). Meanwhile, Italy pledged an additional $1,393,592 for 2007. OCHA encourages all Member States to turn their pledges into contributions as soon as possible.
During 2007, the CERF Secretariat organized several training workshops in Bangkok, Dakar, Geneva, Nairobi, New York, Panama City, and Rome to improve the use of the Fund.
UNDAC Teams deployment since 01 Jan. 2005 - to date:
- Sri Lanka-Earthquake/Tsunami
- Guyana - Floods
- Tokelau - Cyclone Percy
- Cook Islands- Cyclone Percy
- Dominican Republic. - Floods
- Indonesia - Earthquake
ASSISTANT EMERGENCY RELIEF COORDINATOR AND DIRECTOR OF OCHA GENEVA, MISSIONS TO:
- Abu Dhabi - ODSG Meeting, 7-10 May 2005