Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue #3 | 04-17 February 2019
- Managing Ethiopia’s Unsettled Transition: A Timeline
- UNHCR Ethiopia: Urban Refugees Factsheet (December 2018)
- UNHCR Ethiopia: Sexual & Gender-Based Violence Fact Sheet (December 2018)
- Ethiopia Country Refugee Response Plan: The integrated response plan for refugees from Eritrea, Sudan, South Sudan and Somalia (January 2019 - December 2020)
As at end December 2017, UN-coordinated appeals and refugee response plans within the Global Humanitarian Overview (GHO) required US$24.7 billion to meet the humanitarian needs of 105.1 million crisis-affected people in 38 countries. Together the appeals were funded at $13.8 billion, or 54% of requirements. Funding for the appeals in 2017 fell 46% short of requirements, with $10.9 billion outstanding.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.