Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
As of 28 October, IOM has assisted 2,060 migrants with air evacuation, including 90 resettlement cases to Sweden (68) and France (22).
To date, over 21,000 individuals in Abyan, Aden, Al Dhale’e, and Ibb governorates have received shelter assistance.
Since the beginning of the crisis, IOM has provided 12,140 individuals with onward transportation assistance from Djibouti and Somalia to their areas of origin.
To date, IOM has assisted 2,054 migrants with air evacuation, including 75 resettlement cases to Sweden (53) and France (22) to leave Yemen.
Since the beginning of the crisis, IOM has provided 3,724 migrants with onward transportation assistance from Djibouti to their countries of origin.
To date, IOM has provided 5,350 Ethiopian returnees with accommodation and other postarrival assistance in Ethiopia.