Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- UNHCR Ethiopia Factsheet - November 2018
- Ethiopia: Historic reforms encouraging; country’s displaced must not be forgotten
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
The drought in Somalia, Kenya and Ethiopia has led to the most serious hunger crisis in the world right now. It was, however, forecast. Here you can read more about what Norway is doing for the people in the Horn of Africa and what you can do to help.
Any inquiries to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs about the Horn of Africa (applications, questions, etc.) should be sent to: email@example.com.
“The drought in the Horn of Africa is critical and gives cause for serious concern. The extent of the crisis will be worse than first assumed. We have therefore decided to increase Norway’s contribution by NOK 30 million, bringing the total up to NOK 263 million. We will do our part, but the whole international community must respond rapidly in order to prevent this crisis becoming even worse,” said Foreign Minister Jonas Gahr Støre.