Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
First, I would like to welcome the holding of this meeting on the initiative of the United Nations Secretary-General and also express my respect for the efforts by the United Nations to address the drought in the Horn of Africa.
Emergency relief goods provided to Refugee camps in Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
On Wednesday, September 7, the Government of Japan decided to provide emergency relief goods (power generators, tents, etc.) that were stockpiled in the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)'s warehouse in Frankfurt and others, worth 40 million yen (around 500,000 US dollars) to assist refugee camps located in the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, through JICA in response to the request by the Ethiopian Government.
At the Fourth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD IV) convened in Yokohama last May, the participants compiled the Yokohama Action Plan that lays out assistant measures to be implemented by countries or organizations.