Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15-28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Karin Kneissl: "The goal is to alleviate the humanitarian emergency, to give the people prospects in their region"
Dereje Wordofa, Regional Director for Africa,
Pretoria, South Africa [May 31] -The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC), a Quaker peace and social justice organization, continues to build on its 90-year history of humanitarian work by sending a needs assessment team to the Horn of Africa to evaluate the growing humanitarian crisis that affects Somalia and surrounding countries. The delegation will visit the border countries of Kenya, Djibouti, Ethiopia, and Eritrea - areas critically touched by the refugee crisis.
The UN has reports about one million people have been displaced …
Graphs and charts never tell the human story in all of its richness. For convenience, AFSC divides its work into fixed thematic and geographic categories, but we remain mindful of an overarching goal. William Penn encouraged his readers "to try what Love will do." Our aim is to be love at work in the world.