Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
The international community is not going to the heart of the Somali famine crisis.
This is the view of the humanitarian agency, GOAL, which has been calling from the outset for the deployment of a UN peacekeeping force to provide corridors for the safe delivery of food and medical aid.
GOAL CEO John O’Shea says: “The international community appears to be almost entirely focussed on refugee camps in Ethiopia, Kenya and Djibouti, and on feeding programmes in Mogadishu, when these only represent an overspill from the heart of the crisis.