Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
Ottawa, Ontario―Today, the Honourable Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, announced how Canada will be providing continued aid to those affected by the ongoing crisis in eastern Africa through the East Africa Drought Relief Fund.
In October, the Minister reported on the generosity of Canadian donations to help those suffering in eastern Africa. To fulfil its commitment, the government is providing support, through the East Africa Drought Relief Fund, to 14 organizations that are working on the ground to help those most in need.
Effective and cooperative action to secure long-term food security and improved nutrition in developing countries is a priority shared by all Commonwealth countries, as reflected in the Perth Declaration on Food Security Principles. The humanitarian crisis now affecting the Horn of Africa is a tragic reminder of the chronic food insecurity that afflicts many parts of that continent.
Ottawa, Ontario―Yesterday, the Honourable Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, provided an update on the serious humanitarian crisis in the Horn of Africa and announced the final tally of donations provided by individual Canadians to Canadian registered charities eligible to be matched by the Government of Canada through its East Africa Drought Relief Fund.
The crisis in eastern Africa is requiring the continued efforts of the international community in meeting the needs of the more than 13 million people affected by the crisis across the region.
Canada fulfills food security commitment
October 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec―Today, the Honourable Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, announced the preliminary tally of funds donated by Canadians to registered Canadian charitable organizations working in East Africa on drought relief.