Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- UNICEF Horn of Africa Drought Situation as of September 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Refugee Girls Gain from Effort to Teach Life Skills
Rome 02 August 2011
In response to the serious drought situation in the Horn of Africa involving over 11 million persons in Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia and Djibouti, Minister for Foreign Affairs Franco Frattini instructed the Italian Development Cooperation to arrange for a food air-lift on behalf of the Somali refugees in the Dadaab camps in Kenya. The cargo will be dispatched on the night of 2 August from the UN Depot in Brindisi to arrive in Nairobi the following morning.
29 July 2011 Over 11 million people (11.3 million) are in urgent need of humanitarian assistance as a rising number of refugees, particularly from Somalia, seek shelter and assistance in the camps of bordering countries. The situation is dramatic in the Horn of Africa, especially in Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia and Djibouti, which is in the throes of the worst drought in the last 60 years.
Rome December 24, 2008 - "The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Directorate General for Cooperation and Development has contributed with a financial amount of 200.000 to FAO to finance the Regional FAO Office in Nairobi (REOA - Regional Emergency Office for Africa) activities, including coordination in emergency response in the Horn of Africa and the Great Lakes regions, in close cooperation with twenty-four African countries.
Furthermore, the initiative "Initiative on Soaring Food Prices" is to facilitate the exchange of information on food safety among all …