Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Teaching science and hope in an Ethiopian refugee camp
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Tigray Region, Round 14: November – December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Somali Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Amhara Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
UNSOM welcomes the following joint declaration from Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia in response to the current drought:
MOGADISHU DECLARATION ON REGIONAL COOPERATION ON THE CURRENT DROUGHT
Statement by the Governments of Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda and Yemen; the African Union; the Inter-Governmental Authority on Development; the United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Somalia; the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa; and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees upon conclusion of Ministerial Meeting of the High Commissioner’s Global Initiative on Somali Refugees in Addis Ababa on 20 August 2014
Friday, Sept 09, 2011
Leaders from the Horn of Africa region have resolved to develop the Horn of Africa Regional Disaster Resilience and Sustainability Strategy Framework to reduce the impact of disasters in the region.
In a Joint declaration issued at the end of a one-day Summit on the Horn of Africa Crisis that was read by Foreign Affairs Minister Moses Wetang’ula at the United Nations Complex at Gigiri, the leaders also agreed to create and support a Multi-donor Trust Fund for drought and other disasters that will be anchored in the IGAD secretariat.
Heads of State and government of the intergovernmental authority on development (IGAD) have appealed to the international community to assist in mobilizing resources to save the lives of 11 million people who are in danger of starvation in the sub-region.