Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
October to December constitutes an important rainfall season over the Greater Horn of Africa sub-region. This report provides DMCN update of the climate outlook for the September to December 2000 rainfall season for the Greater Horn of Africa that was issued at the sixth Climate Outlook Forum held in Kisumu, Kenya from 14th to 18th August 2000.
STATEMENT FROM THE FIFTH CAPACITY BUILDING TRAINING WORKSHOP FOR THE NORTHERN PARTS OF EASTERN AFRICA,
1-6 May 2000, Nairobi, Kenya.
There are enhanced probabilities for below-normal to near-normal rainfall conditions for the period June to September 2000 over much of the Greater Horn of Africa. However, slight enhancements of probabilities for near-normal to above-normal rainfall are forecast for parts of the Lake Victoria Region. The enhanced probabilities for below-normal rainfall are forecast for most of the western parts of the subregion.