Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
Around the world, there are too many refugee children who haven’t just lost their homes, they’re also losing their futures every single day.
More than half of all the refugee children in the world – 3.5 million children – aren’t in school.
Le coût d'une réponse tardive à des alertes précoces lors de la sécheresse de 2011 dans la Corne de l'Afrique.
Plus de 13 millions de personnes sont encore aujourd’hui touchées par la crise dans la Corne de l’Afrique. Malgré plusieurs signes avant-coureurs, apparus quelques mois plus tôt, aucune réponse suffisante n'a été apportée avant qu'il ne soit trop tard.
Thousands of lives and millions of pounds lost due to late response to food crisis in East Africa
Lessons learnt can help prevent future disasters and save lives
Thousands of needless deaths occurred and millions of extra pounds were spent because the international community failed to take decisive action on early warnings of a hunger crisis in East Africa, according to a new report by the international aid agencies Oxfam and Save the Children.
Up to 750,000 people face death from hunger in East Africa. Millions more are at risk across the region in the worst food crisis of the 21st century. They will have to bear a legacy of poverty, suffering, and the loss of their livelihoods. Urgent action is needed right now.
But the truth is that this crisis was predicted – and preventable: we already have the knowledge to stop this kind of tragedy from unfolding; we know the steps that must be taken to prevent suffering on this scale.
Lane Hartill, 202.640.6608 (W), 202.294.9700 (M)
Discovery will support "I’m Gonna Be Your Friend" campaign through its major regional websites
A groundbreaking campaign called "I’m Gonna Be Your Friend" has launched, supported by many of the world’s most famous names in entertainment and their fans.
Tuesday 9 August 2011
Aimed at raising urgently needed funds for the millions of children in East Africa facing starvation, we hope to reach almost a billion people worldwide.
We want people to download a re-release 1973 Bob Marley & The Wailers song ‘High Tide or Low Tide’ and the accompanying short film by award-winning director Kevin MacDonald.