Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
Horn of Africa Drought
Much of the Horn of Africa continuous to face the largest humanitarian crisis in the world today, in terms of scale and and severity, with more than 13 million people being severely affected and still in urgent need of humanitarian aid: in Somalia (4 million), Kenya (4.3 million), Ethiopia (4.8 million) and Djibouti (about 200 000)(OCHA, 11/12/11).
Ethiopia- Failure of the last seasonal rains
The failure of the last seasonal rains has affected cereal and root crops as welll as livestock conditions. As a result, the number of emergency beneficiaries has increased from an estimated 2.2 million in April to 4.6 million in June 2008. The most affected areas are in SNNPR, Oromya ans Somalia regions. Deteriorating situations have also been reported in Afar and Amhara regions. Although the rains have recently improved and humanitarian interventions have been put in place, the emergency has not yet fully beem addressed.
Djibouti-Drought alert-The last three rainy seasons were poor and this was compounded by the migration of pastoralists from Somalia, Ethiopia and Eritrea in search of pasture and resulted in the deterioration of the food security situation.