Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
DENMARK LAUNCHES EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND
by Hara Caracostas
05 Jun 17
Denmark has launched an emergency relief fund, drawing on the Start Fund’s experience, to allow the country’s grassroots organisations to respond to crises around the world. The Danish Emergency Relief Fund (DERF) is also open to funding for smaller NGOs within countries affected by crisis.
NAIROBI – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomes a US$10.7 million (75 million Danish Krone) contribution from the Government of Denmark to help roll back famine in South Sudan and to assist hungry people in Horn of Africa countries hit by drought.
“WFP is very grateful to Denmark for helping to sustain the life-saving response against drought in the Horn and because of conflict in South Sudan, where famine was declared in two areas in February,” said Valerie Guarnieri, WFP Regional Director for East and Central Africa.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats.
This issue covers the period 29 May - 4 June 2016 and includes updates on Zika virus, an outbreak of enterovirus and yellow fever.
Today, the Danish government has presented the draft Finance Act for 2016. In the draft Finance Act, the government plans to focus Danish development cooperation on 14 priority countries.
United Nations increases health spending in 2013
COPENHAGEN, 10 July 2014 – The value of procurement of goods and services by the United Nations was $16.1 billion in 2013, with the largest sums spent on pharmaceuticals, healthcare services, medical equipment, transportation, construction and food.
These highlights are part of the latest Annual Statistical Report on UN Procurement, which provides data and analysis on the goods and services procured by the UN system in support of its operations.