Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue #3 | 04-17 February 2019
- Pulse innovations: Food and nutrition security in southern Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Country Refugee Response Plan: The integrated response plan for refugees from Eritrea, Sudan, South Sudan and Somalia (January 2019 - December 2020)
- Economic Impact of Farming Cooperatives in East Africa
- Additional provisions within the revised national refugee law in Ethiopia
Kampala, Uganda 22 October 2009 - In January 2009, Africa was host to an estimated 11.6 million Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) out of the world's 26 million IDP's. It is with the aim to address forced displacement, which is avoidable by reducing this figure, that the African Union (AU) has organized the Special Summit on Refugees, Returnees and IDP's.
Special Summit on Refugees, Returnees and Internally Displaced Persons in Africa
Kampala, Uganda 20 October 2009 - After two-days of deliberations, the Executive Council of the African Union (AU) has adopted the Draft AU Convention on protection and assistance of Internally Displaced Persons (IDP's) and the Draft Kampala Declaration. African Ministers of Foreign Affairs were meeting at an Extraordinary Session within the framework of the AU Special Summit on refugees, Returnees and IDP's in Africa which is being held in Kampala, Uganda from 19 to 23 October 2009.
During this …
Kampala, Uganda 19 October 2009 - Through the National Policy for Internally Displaced Persons, Uganda has resettled 2.1 million Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) since 2002. "The remaining 413 000 are gradually returning home on a voluntary basis".
These were the words of Ugandan Prime Minister Professor Apolo R Nsibambi at the opening of the Extraordinary Session of the AU Executive Council being held in Kampala, Uganda from 19 till 20 October 2009.
EXPERTS' MEETING ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE AU AND THE REGIONAL MECHANISMS FOR CONFLICT PREVENTION, MANAGEMENT AND RESOLUTION ADDIS ABABA, 22 - 23 MARCH 2005
SOLEMN LAUNCHING OF THE PEACE AND SECURITY
9TH MEETING, 25 MAY 2004,
ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA