Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
What is it?
PEOPLE IN NEED 7.1M
PEOPLE TARGETED 5.7M
REQUIREMENTS (US$) 1.5B
NUMBER OF HUMANITARIAN PARTNERS 183 (11 UN, 67 INGOs, 105 LNGOs)
FOREWORD BY THE HUMANITARIAN COORDINATOR
Message from our Regional Director
Despite numerous humanitarian challenges in 2017 in Africa, there were also a number of heart-warming accomplishments. A case in point, was when a local response of Red Crescent teams—and other partners—curbed Somalia's cholera outbreak through the power of local volunteers and shared international expertise. In terms of support to our members, 36 National Societies were able to kick start initiatives that built their capacity through seed grants.
11th Annual Joint Consultative Meeting of the Political and Security Committee of the European Union and of the Peace and Security Council of the African Union
23 October 2018
• In March 2018, approximately 2.55 million people were food insecure1 , down from 3.4 million as from August 2017. The record-high March to May rains resulted in significant improvement of food security and nutrition status in the second quarter of 2018. Massive flooding across 40 out of 47 counties, affected 800,000 people and displaced 291,171 (approximately 47% children) and 186 killed by mid-May 2018
• A total of 114,543 acutely malnourished children were admitted for treatment from 1 January to 31 May 2018 with UNICEF support.
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid1 , and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union ('Overseas Association Decision')2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,
OVERVIEW: APRIL REVISION
The South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) 2017 articulates the regional protection and humanitarian needs of an anticipated 2.13 million South Sudanese refugees by 31 December 2017. The RRRP outlines the inter-agency response strategy and financial requirements of 58 agencies responding across six countries of asylum: Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo,
Ethiopia, Kenya, Sudan and Uganda.
From January to December 2017 the Logistics Cluster has supported 512 organisations, including national and international NGOs, UN agencies, foundations, civil society organisations and government agencies across 13 operations.