Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
The UNICEF representative in Sudan, Nils Kasterberg, said that a two day workshop has been organized on child protection to provide a common platform for dialogue between the United Nations, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), civil society members and partners from neighboring Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
The workshop aims to highlight child protection issues and discuss constructive methods on how to best address them.
The South Sudan Assistant representative of the United Nations High Commission for Refugee (UNHCR), Geoff Wordley, said that over three hundred thousand South Sudanese Refugees have been repatriated to the South for the forthcoming elections and the Referendum process. Speaking to Miraya FM, Wordley said that the figures of southern Sudanese refugees in Uganda, Kenya, and Ethiopia have been reduced. He said that the remaining refugees will be repatriated early next year.