Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (24 September 2018)
- Ethiopia - Eritrean refugee influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC)(ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Ethiopia (Revised August 2018)
Ongoing conflict and insecurity in South Sudan has forced an estimated 3.5 million South Sudanese to be displaced. Close to 1.9 million are internally displaced, and there are over 1.6 million refugees and asylum-seekers in neighboring countries. Displacement has significantly increased in recent months—over half a million refugees have fled the country since July 1, 2016.
Surveys in neighboring countries reveal border areas where HIV prevalence may also be high in South Sudan. The primary source of HIV surveillance data in South Sudan comes from pregnant women attending antenatal clinics (ANC). However, ANC data tend to overestimate HIV prevalence in the general population and may not even be representative of pregnant women living in the areas immediately surrounding the clinic. Less than half of South Sudanese women receive antenatal care at a health facility.
Instead of the usual depiction of conflicts as countrywide and defined by national boundaries, this map displays distinct conflict-affected areas in Africa as sub-national and transnational pockets of insecurity, violence, and armed aggression. Areas of conflict were drawn around locations of reported conflict incidents in 2007 and 2008, as well as concentrations of internally displaced persons and cross-border rebel bases and refugee camps in neighboring countries.