Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF THE
HIGH COMMISSIONER’S PROGRAMME
13 – 15 March 2012
Agenda Item 3. a) i.
This statement has been drafted in consultation with, and is delivered on behalf of, a wide range of NGOs and attempts to reflect the diversity of views within the NGO community.
The practice of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) participating in the leadership and management of country level clusters is occurring more frequently in recent years. In several situations, cluster leads are approaching NGOs to take on roles in the cluster, such as coleadership. This review draws on the experiences of NGOs in cluster leadership and management in the four focus countries of the NGOs and Humanitarian Reform Project: Afghanistan, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Zimbabwe.
This report analyses the current state of global humanitarian reform efforts from an NGO perspective by synthesising a series of mapping studies carried out between November 2008 and February 2009 that looked at humanitarian reform in five different countries: Afghanistan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia,