Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet December 2018
- UNHCR Ethiopia - Operational Update (December 2018)
- The Agriculture Knowledge, Learning, Documentation and Policy Project: Five Year Final Report January 2014 - December 2018
- Self-help group leads to vision, opportunity in rural Ethiopia
by Nita Bhalla | @nitabhalla | Thomson Reuters Foundation
Accommodation in Nairobi, where LGBT+ refugees were forced to flee after attacks at a camp, was criticised as unsanitary and crowded
NAIROBI, Jan 11 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - LGBT+ refugees in Kenya on Friday accused the United Nations of failing to provide adequate shelter and protection after they were forced to flee attacks at a refugee camp and relocated to an abandoned school on the outskirts of the capital, Nairobi.
Efforts to assist millions of people fleeing Africa's biggest refugee crisis face a critical funding shortfall of nearly $800 million
By Serena Chaudhry
LONDON, June 1 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Efforts to assist millions of people fleeing South Sudan in Africa's biggest refugee crisis face a critical funding shortfall of nearly $800 million, a top regional United Nations official said on Friday.
by Anastasia Moloney | @anastasiabogota
The Thomson Reuters Foundation asked 10 aid agencies to name their top priorities for 2018
BOGOTA, Dec 27 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Violence, displacement and hunger will drive record humanitarian needs in 2018, with nearly 136 million people worldwide in need of aid, according to the United Nations.
The U.N.'s Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) has appealed for a record $22.5 billion for humanitarian responses across the globe.
by Beh Lih Yi | @BehLihYi | Thomson Reuters Foundation
Friday, 11 November 2016 10:54 GMT
Three fifths of the 5.9 million children who died before their fifth birthday last year lived in just 10 countries
By Beh Lih Yi
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 11 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Sixty percent of the world's 5.9 million children who died before their fifth birthday last year were in 10 countries in Asia and Africa, said a study published on Friday, prompting calls for action to reduce the mortality.
Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation - Mon, 28 Dec 2015 00:01 GMT
Author: Tom Esslemont
LONDON, Dec 28 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - There's one prediction for 2016 that most aid workers can make with confidence - that the new year will usher in rising humanitarian needs.
Read the full article on the Thomson Reuters Foundation