Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
KAMPALA, Nov 04, 2009 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Egypt and Uganda are in new talks about the use of the River Nile water after previous negotiations with riparian countries failed to reach a compromise, a top Egyptian government official on a visit here said on Wednesday.
Mona Omar, the assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs for African Affairs, told reporters that a delegation of Egyptian experts were sent to Uganda about a week ago with new proposals for a compromise clause into the proposed Nile Water Basin Cooperative Framework agreement.
She did not however reveal what the …
by Gu Zhenqiu
UNITED NATIONS, Dec 11, 2008 (Xinhua via COMTEX News Network) -- UN staff members from Algiers and New York gathered here Thursday to pay tribute to 17 of their colleagues, who were killed in the terrorist attacks in Algiers, on the first anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the UN Headquarters in the Algerian capital.
The UN staff members, who were from Algeria, Denmark, the Philippines and Senegal, were killed while working for various UN agencies to render humanitarian relief to the Algerian people in need.
"One year after the attack, we still feel the …
NAIROBI, Oct 29, 2007 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Sudanese and Somali refugees in camps in Kenya will benefit from 144 million dollars donated by U. S. towards the victims of violent conflicts and natural disasters, U.N.
KAMPALA, Jun 20, 2005 (Xinhua via COMTEX) - Ugandan First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Refugees and Disaster Preparedness Moses Ali Monday said Uganda is hosting over 240,000 refugees, most of whom are from Sudan.
In an statement to mark this year's International Refugee Day which falls on Monday, Ali said other refugees are from Rwanda, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Somalia, Ethiopia and Burundi.
KAMPALA, Oct 27, 2003 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Uganda has now 1.3 million displaced people in the north and east, Minister of State for Disaster Preparedness and Refugees Amongin Aporu has said.
DURBAN, South Africa, Jul 6, 2002 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The Organization of African Unity (OAU) has granted more than 1.7 million US dollars in humanitarian assistance to 13 member states in the past six months, according to an OAU report here on Saturday.
KAMPALA, Nov 29, 2001 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has planned to provide about 12 million U.S. dollars to refugee projects in Uganda, UNHCR representative in Uganda Saihou Saidy told a press conference here Thursday.
KAMPALA, Nov 27, 2001 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- A high level delegation of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) will arrive in Uganda Wednesday for a two-day visit, according to a press release from the UNHCR Office here on Tuesday.