Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
Blantyre, Malawi - Le président du Malawi, Bakili Muluzi, a assisté mardi aux funérailles du président congolais assassiné, Laurent-Désiré Kabila, au milieu des craintes d'un nouvel afflux de réfugiés congolais au Malawi.
KIGALI, Rwanda (PANA) - Africa's human rights situation is continuing to arouse a great deal of concern in several countries, noted the 26th ordinary session of the African Commission of Human and Peoples' Rights (ACHPR) which ended on Monday in Kigali.
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia (PANA) - OAU Secretary General Salim Ahmed Salim and the UN deputy secretary general, Louise Frechette, discussed Tuesday conflict situations and the spread of AIDS in Africa.
Jerome Hule, PANA Correspondent
NEW YORK, UN (PANA) - With its appeal to the international community in support of its humanitarian operations in Africa largely unheeded, the UN said Thursday that a desperate situation faced 12 million victims of war and natural disasters on the continent.
NAIROBI, Kenya (PANA) - The International Commitee of the Red Cross claims that international humanitarian law instruments in Africa are being ignored by countries which are signatory to the Geneva convention, hence aggravating large scale massacres on the continent.
News Article by PANA on February 23, 1999 at 09:54:40: