Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
Gugu Dube, Junior Researcher, Arms Management Programme
African states reinforced their ownership of the Convention on Cluster Munitions (CCM) at a global conference hosted by the governments of Chile and Norway in collaboration with UNDP held 7-9 June in Santiago, Chile. The CCM is the most significant international disarmament treaty since the 1997 Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention.
Gugu Dube, Dominique Dye (Junior Researchers) & Noël Stott, Senior Research Fellow, Arms Management Programme, ISS Pretoria
From the 9th - 11 September 2009, representatives from African states participated in the 3rd Continental Conference of African Experts on Landmines. The conference was hosted by the Government of the Republic of South Africa, in collaboration with the African Union (AU) and with the financial support of the European Union.
Man-portable air defence systems (MANPADS) are short-range surface-to-air missile (SAMs) systems that are carried and operated by either a single individual or a crew of individuals. They are commonly referred to as shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles.