Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
Rome, 6 August 2008 - Facts, figures and the lastest updates from WFP's high profile emergencies.
The August General Food Distribution (GFD) for Sudanese refugees has been launched on 5 August in the east. The August GFD will target a total of 245,100 refugees in 12 refugee camps.
In Shar (southern Chad), torrential rain has caused 4 deaths and left 16, 730 homeless.
High Profile Operations
Many high profile operations also face critical pipeline breaks in the next three months.
PRRO 10427.0 - Post Conflict Relief and Rehabilitation
January 06 - December 08
Shortfalls over next 6 months (mt)(1)
Rome, 4 July 2007 - In regions wracked by violence or submerged by floods, the first emergency is how to deliver enough food as quickly and efficiently as possible. Here are some of the crises counted among WFP's "global hotspots".
The security situation has been relatively calm throughout most of the country but has significantly deteriorated in the east over the past weeks.
On 22 June, a UN security meeting was held in Abeche.