Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
Member States briefing on CERF planned for September
As part of a year-round effort to keep Member States informed on the use of the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF), John Holmes, the Emergency Relief Coordinator (ERC), has invited the Permanent Representatives of all Missions in New York to a briefing on September 11th in the ECOSOC Chamber.
Nominations requested for the CERF Advisory Group
The Emergency Relief Coordinator (ERC) has formally invited all Member States to nominate candidates to serve as new members on the Advisory Group of CERF. The Secretary-General will select new experts to serve on the Advisory Group from a range of partners and stakeholders, including Member States, nongovernmental organizations, international organizations, practitioners, and academic and research institutions.
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on the health aspects of selected humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and Headquarters.