Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
Refugees returning from Kosovo to the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
NAIROBI, 2 November (IRIN) - The World Food Programme (WFP) is increasingly lending its weight to the global fight against poverty. Centre stage is its plan to expand its support for school-feeding projects in the developing world, making the provision of a daily meal an integral part of a new campaign aimed at increasing school enrolment and ensuring that the world's undernourished children are educated.
At the start of 2001 the number of people ‘of concern’ to UNHCR was 21.8 million, or one out of every 275 persons on Earth. This compared with a January 1, 2000 figure of 22.3 million.
This paper is based on the coordinated views of analysts and experts from agencies across the federal government. It was produced by the National Intelligence Council under the auspices of David F. Gordon, National Intelligence Officer for Economics and Global Issues.Queries should be addressed to Dr. Gordon at the National Intelligence Council.
Information available as of 15 August 2001 was used in preparing this report.
Strengthening of the coordination of emergency humanitarian assistance of the United Nations