Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 2018 HDRP Funding Update (as of 15 January 2019)
- Ethiopia: 3W - Education Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities Map (as of November 2018)
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
By Filippo Grandi, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
Ladies and gentlemen,
It is an honour to be here today, and to share the floor with such distinguished colleagues - with whom UNHCR has enjoyed a strong collaboration for many years.
The New York Declaration resonated as a bold step forward for a world struggling to meet the challenges of large-scale refugee flows, and increasingly complex migratory movements.
Ceci est un résumé des déclarations du porte-parole du HCR Andrej Mahecic – à qui toute citation peut être attribuée – lors de la conférence de presse du 15 septembre 2017 au Palais des Nations à Genève.
Un an après la Déclaration de New York pour les réfugiés et migrants, par laquelle 193 États membres ont pris l’engagement historique de partager plus équitablement la responsabilité pour les réfugiés dans le monde, plusieurs pays mettent en place des changements significatifs dans leurs législations, politiques et interventions en faveur des réfugiés.
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesperson Andrej Mahecic – to whom quoted text may be attributed – at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
A year on from the New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants, in which all 193 Member States of the United Nations made a historic commitment to more equitably share responsibility for the world’s refugees, significant changes in refugee law, policies and responses are taking hold in several countries.
Las reuniones anuales entre el ACNUR y los representantes de 313 organizaciones no gubernamentales iniciaron en Ginebra, enfocándose en formas de fortalecer su colaboración.
GINEBRA, Suiza, 14 de junio de 2017 (ACNUR) – Un proyecto de la firma tecnológica francesa Pangloss Labs y sus socios provee apoyo de impresión 3D en todo el mundo, incluyendo áreas donde ACNUR, la Agencia de la ONU para los Refugiados, trabaja con los refugiados.
Annual talks between UNHCR and representatives of 313 nongovernmental organizations begin in Geneva, focusing on ways to strengthen collaboration.
By: UNHCR staff
GENEVA – A project by French tech firm Pangloss Labs and its partners provides 3D printing support around the world, including areas where UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency works with refugees.
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.