Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet December 2018
- UNHCR Ethiopia - Operational Update (December 2018)
- Self-help group leads to vision, opportunity in rural Ethiopia
- The Agriculture Knowledge, Learning, Documentation and Policy Project: Five Year Final Report January 2014 - December 2018
Global trends and challenges
More than 1 per cent of people across the planet right now are caught up in major humanitarian crises. The international humanitarian system is more effective than ever at meeting their needs – but global trends including poverty, population growth and climate change are leaving more people than ever vulnerable to the devastating impacts of conflicts and disasters.
Las reuniones anuales entre el ACNUR y los representantes de 313 organizaciones no gubernamentales iniciaron en Ginebra, enfocándose en formas de fortalecer su colaboración.
GINEBRA, Suiza, 14 de junio de 2017 (ACNUR) – Un proyecto de la firma tecnológica francesa Pangloss Labs y sus socios provee apoyo de impresión 3D en todo el mundo, incluyendo áreas donde ACNUR, la Agencia de la ONU para los Refugiados, trabaja con los refugiados.
Annual talks between UNHCR and representatives of 313 nongovernmental organizations begin in Geneva, focusing on ways to strengthen collaboration.
By: UNHCR staff
GENEVA – A project by French tech firm Pangloss Labs and its partners provides 3D printing support around the world, including areas where UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency works with refugees.
WHAT IS AN INNOVATION LAB?
The word ‘labs’ is sometimes confl ated with the fashionable nomenclature of innovators, and innovative organizations. For others, the word ‘lab’ may conjure up images of men and women wearing large plastic goggles, and white coats, almost certainly holding test tubes full of colorful – possibly fi zzing – liquid.
Item 72 (a) of the provisional agenda
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and
disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including
special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.