Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
Intertropical Convergence Zone Analysis (ITCZ) Re-Initiated:
On April 1 we re-initiated the program to depict the dekadal position of the ITCZ along with a comparison with its normal position at the following site: http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/fews/ITCZ/itcz.html. The ten-day average ITCZ position is plotted and compared with the estimated rainfall for that period and the first plot for the season will cover April 1-10.
CCA Guidance for September - October - November at Four Months Lead This week we focus on the outlooks for September - November for east Africa, divided into two areas.
The outlook for Sep-Nov 2004 East Africa rainfall at four months lead show climatology in all areas, except locally over western Uganda, where there is a tilt in the odds favoring above average rainfall (eafSON4.gif).
Northern Horn of Africa