Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan will brief the Security Council next week on his current trip to the Darfur region of Sudan - with other issues on the continent topping the Security Council's programme this month, the incoming President of the 15-member body said today.
4538th Meeting (AM & PM)
Chair of Recently Established Ad Hoc Working Group Briefs Council
More than 45 speakers took the floor to express their views today, as the Security Council held a day-long interactive debate on issues related to the recently established Ad Hoc Working Group on Conflict Prevention and Resolution in Africa.
Item 127 of the provisional agenda*
Promotion and protection of the rights of children
DSG/SM/84 - SC/6804
Meeting to Resume Tomorrow
"Africa fatigue" was an affront to the very idea of a responsible international community, Secretary-General Kofi Annan told the Security Council as it convened an open meeting this morning on the situation in Africa.
The meeting, which will resume tomorrow, was held to review the implementation of the recommendations contained in the Secretary-General's April 1998 report on the causes of conflict and promotion of durable peace and sustainable development in Africa.