Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
Human Rights Council 36th session
Opening Statement by Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
11 September 2017
Distinguished President of the Council,
As I enter the final year of my current mandate – a year which I will discharge with vigour and determination – I wish to begin with a few short reflections drawn from the past three years.
WORLD WATER DAY
On the occasion of World Water Day (22 March), the Independent Expert on the issue of human rights obligations related to access to safe drinking water and sanitation, Ms. Catarina de Albuquerque, expresses her particular concern about access to water and sanitation during emergencies.
"The chaos and insecurity caused by war and natural disasters frequently block access to water and sanitation, with devastating results," said the Independent Expert.
Situation of Child Rights in Samoa, Ethiopia, Oman, Kiribati, Swaziland, Senegal, Republic of Congo, Benin, Ireland and Jordan to be Reviewed
The Committee on the Rights of the Child will meet at the Palais Wilson in Geneva from 11 to 29 September to review the promotion and protection of children's rights under the Convention on the Rights of the Child in Samoa, Ethiopia, Oman, Kiribati, Swaziland, Senegal, Congo, Benin, Ireland and Jordan.
The promotion and protection of children's rights under the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the sale of children, child …
United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Mary Robinson, welcomed the release of the Global Report on Child soldiers by the Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers.