Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
Comprehensive Level 3 (L3) registration launched in Ethiopia in 06 July 2017 starting from Addis Ababa. L3 registration was intensively implemented in Addis Ababa during November 2017.
PRESS RELEASE Nº 147/2011
Addis Ababa, 16 November 2011- The African Union Commission (AUC), through the Department of Rural Economy and Agriculture, hosted the Meeting of the Committee of African Heads of State and Government on Climate Change (CAHOSCC) today Wednesday 16 November 2011, at the African Union Headquarters, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
By Azale Gulilat, JRS Social Worker, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, 18 July 2011 – Eighteen asylum seekers and undocumented refugees now have sufficient knowledge to start their own business, after participating in a four-day workshop in basic business skills, organised by JRS in the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa.
“Business skills are important because they help you become independent and sustain your family, no matter where you will live in the future”, said the Project Director of the JRS Emergency Needs Programme, Hanna Petros, at the beginning of the training.
La phase pandémique de la grippe A H1N1 a été relevée à 6 par l'OMS le 11 juin 2009. Dans la Région Africaine la vigilance maximum en matière de Surveillance et de préparation continue. A ce jour aucun cas confirmé n'a été notifié. L'épidémie de choléra au Zimbabwe est sous contrôle mais dans d'autres pays des épidémies notamment la méningite dans la ceinture méningitique continuent.
Earthquake Intensity Zones in Africa
This map shows earthquake intensity zones in accordance with the 1956 version of the Modified Mercalli Scale (MM), describing the effects of an earthquake on the surface of the earth and integrating numerous parameters such as ground acceleration, duration of an earthquake, and subsoil effects. It also includes historical earthquake reports.