Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
SUDAN: Humanitarian situation critical. Over 2 million IDP, 6.1 million in need. New arrivals from South Sudan may rise to 50 000 by the end of the year. ECHO has spent EUR140 million since 2011 in assistance to IDPs, refugees and people affected by natural disasters. (ECHO)
SOUTH SUDAN: Clashes continue in Unity, Jonglei,
Upper Nile. Up to 16 IDP killed and 120 wounded reported in the Protection of Civilians area in Malakal.
• Top three priorities: (1) Life-saving activities (2)
Helping people to plant (planting season March-April)
GENEVE, 10 janvier (HCR) – Le HCR publie aujourd'hui un appel de fonds d'un montant de 99 millions de dollars pour aider des centaines de milliers de personnes déracinées par les crises qui s'aggravent au Soudan du Sud et en République centrafricaine.
Les fonds seront destinés à la fois aux Sud-Soudanais et aux Centrafricains ayant fui leurs pays, ainsi que ceux qui sont déplacés à l'intérieur de ces deux pays.
This is a summary of what was said by the UNHCR spokesperson at today’s Palais des Nations press briefing in Geneva.
UNHCR is appealing today for US$99 million to help the hundreds of thousands of people displaced by the worsening humanitarian crises in South Sudan and the Central African Republic. The money is both for the South Sudanese and Central Africans who have fled their countries as well as for those who are displaced internally.