Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15-28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mai-Aini Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
The Eastern and Southern Africa region continues to face multiple and more frequent humanitarian crises, including conflict and insecurity, economic shocks, climate change, natural hazards and disease outbreaks.1 More than 17 million people (45 per cent children) remain food insecure throughout the region.
They were lively and lovely, and they moved me close to tears. The Angolan teenaged girls I met told me about their dreams and the barriers they face to achieving what is simply normal elsewhere – finishing primary school, graduating from high school, protecting themselves from unplanned pregnancy and HIV, being safe from male aggression, living and loving in peace and harmony, and having a better future than their parents.
This study reviews the laws, policies and related frameworks in 23 countries in East and Southern Africa that create either impediments to, or an enabling environment for, adolescent sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights (SRHR). The assessment resulted in the development of a harmonized regional legal framework, which translates international and regional legal provisions into useful strategies. It gives recommendations based on applicable core legal values and principles, gleaned from a range of conventions, charters, political commitments, guidelines and declarations.
This report covers the period 1 January 2012 to 31 December 2012
Following the successful launch of the Eastern and Southern Africa Commitment on HIV Prevention and Sexual Health for Young People in November 2011 by Dirk Niebel, Germany's Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), UNAIDS and UNESCO have now established a High-Level Group of policymakers and experts to steer this initiative.
CONFÉRENCE DE L'UNION
Dix-huitième session ordinaire
29 – 30 janvier 2012
Assembly/AU/Dec. 391 – 415 (XVIII)
Assembly/AU/Res. 1 (XVIII)
Assembly/AU/Decl. 1 - 3 (XVIII)
ASSEMBLY OF THE UNION
Eighteenth Ordinary Session
29 – 30 January 2012
Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA