Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Afar Region, Round 13: September/October 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
Ce rapport d’activité fait la synthèse des activités du Résultat 5, connu également sous le nom de l’initiative de financement des risques de catastrophes en Afrique, appelée « ADRF » (Africa Disaster Risk Financing) ou « l’Initiative ADRF », entre le 1er juillet 2016 et le 30 juin 2017. Ce rapport donne un aperçu des activités accomplies jusqu’à cette date, tout en relevant les priorités et les enjeux à venir.
Many countries across the African continent face recurrent complex emergencies, frequent food insecurity, cyclical drought, and sudden-onset disasters, such as earthquakes, floods, and storms. In FY 2017, USAID/OFDA continued to respond to urgent needs resulting from disasters and support DRR programs that improve emergency preparedness and response capacity at local, national, and regional levels.
WaPOR: database dissemination portal and APIs
The FAO portal to monitor Water Productivity through Open access of Remotely sensed derived data (WaPOR) monitors and reports on agriculture water productivity over Africa and the Near East.
It provides open access to the water productivity database and its thousands of underlying map layers, it allows for direct data queries, time series analyses, area statistics and data download of key variables associated to water and land productivity assessments.
This activity report summarizes activities of Result Area 5, also known as the Africa Disaster Risk Financing (ADRF) Initiative—referred to as the “ADRF Initiative,” the “Initiative” or “R5”—from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017. The report gives an overview of the achievements to date and identifies upcoming priorities and challenges.
• Many countries across the African continent face recurrent complex emergencies, frequent food insecurity, cyclical drought, and sudden-onset disasters such as earthquakes, floods, and storms. In FY 2016, as in previous years, USAID/OFDA not only responded to urgent needs resulting from disasters, but also supported DRR programs that built resilience and improved emergency preparedness, mitigation, and response capacity at local, national, and regional levels.
As we write this, Africa is suffering from the strongest El Niño it has faced in decades, causing major floods and droughts throughout Africa, leading to rising economic losses and major impacts on the lives and livelihoods of millions across the continent. Countries across the continent are declaring states of emergency, and are calling on the international community for support.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
Many countries across the African continent face recurrent complex emergencies, frequent food insecurity, cyclical drought, and sudden-onset disasters such as earthquakes, floods, and storms. In FY 2015, as in previous years, USAID/OFDA not only responded to urgent needs resulting from disasters, but also supported DRR programs that built resilience and improved emergency preparedness, mitigation, and response capacity at the local, national, and regional levels.
9 April 2013 – The international community is losing vast amounts of agricultural production due to the effects of continuing land degradation such as desertification, a new United Nations study has warned, adding that without sustainable land management, development initiatives the world over will be stymied.
BY DR. TOMAZ AUGUSTO SALOMÃO
OF THE COMESA-EAC-SADC TRIPARTITE
SIGNING OF THE COMESA-EAC-SADC TRIPARTITE AGREEMENT
FOR THE JOINT IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROGRAMME ON
CLIMATE CHANGE ADAPTATION AND MITIGATION IN
EASTERN AND SOUTHERN AFRICA
16 TH JULY 2012, ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA
Résumé du Rapport
In 2003 the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP) was established by the assembly of the African Union (AU) aiming to raise agricultural productivity by at least 6% per year and increasing public investment in agriculture to 10% of national budgets per year. After an initial phase focused primarily on interventions at the national level, there is growing awareness on the need to work more on the regional dimensions of the CAADP.
Desert Locust (SGR) infestations declined during June in the primary breeding and outbreak areas in the Sahel, North Africa and Red Sea coasts due to control operations and unfavorable ecological conditions.
VINGT-SIXIÈME CONFÉRENCE RÉGIONALE POUR L'AFRIQUE
Luanda (Angola), 3 - 7 mai 2010
1. La montée spectaculaire des prix des produits alimentaires en 2007-2008 ainsi que la crise économique mondiale en cours ont conduit à l'aggravation de la pauvreté et de l'insécurité alimentaire dans nombre de pays à faible revenu. En Afrique, où plus de 50 pour cent des revenus des ménages sont consacrés à la nourriture, cette situation a poussé plusieurs ménages au bord de la famine.