Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- The Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Initiative (RWSSI) was launched in 2003 with the strategic goal of achieving full access to safe, adequate and affordable water supply and sanitation for rural areas in Africa by 2025. The RWSSI targets for 2015 are aligned with the MDG targets of 70% and 62% access to water supply and sanitation, respectively. This report updates stake holders on the progress made in 2013.
- Who are we?
The IFRC Regional Representation for Eastern Africa and Indian Ocean Islands, as part of the IFRC Africa Zone, supports National Societies (NS) to train and mobilise volunteers to respond to emergencies and to make communities more resilient to risks. It aims to make this work sustainable by bringing evidence-based cases of the benefits of Red Cross/Red Crescent volunteer action to new and existing stakeholders in the humanitarian and development sector.
1. Executive Summary
Situated in a region prone to man-made, natural, slow-onset or rapid complex emergencies, the IFRC EAIOIRO supports Red Cross and Red Crescent (RC / RC) National Societies in humanitarian response and enhancing communities’ capacity to be more resilient to hazards and risks.