Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Marks World AIDS Day with Optimism Following New Report on HIV Care and Treatment Progress
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- WFP Ethiopia Country Brief, October 2018
Press release 263/2009
Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Paavo Väyrynen has granted EUR 14 million for victims of conflicts and natural catastrophes from the appropriations earmarked for humanitarian assistance for the last months of the year. The aid will be channelled through UN agencies, the Red Cross Movement and Finnish NGOs.
Ten million euros will be allocated to Africa - the Horn of Africa area, East Africa and southern Africa in particular. In the Horn of Africa area, Ethiopia and Kenya suffer from drought and Somalia also from a prolonged conflict.
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs has granted 9.3 million euros in humanitarian assistance, in response to the needs caused by the world's greatest humanitarian crises. The decision made by Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Paavo Väyrynen supplements the decision to grant 52.2 million euros, made in spring 2008.
The aid focuses on long-term crises, most of which are located in Africa.
Press Release 43/2004