Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet September 2018
For Immediate Release
Monday, August 20, 2018 Office of Press Relations
Telephone: +1.202.712.4320 | Email: email@example.com
Center for Strategic and International Studies
August 20, 2018
ADMINISTRATOR GREEN: Good morning, everyone. Thank you, Dan, for that kind introduction and thanks to all of you for being here to help mark this very important occasion.
Natural disasters over the first semester of 2017
During the first semester of 2017, EM-DAT preliminary data shows that 149 disasters occurred in 73 countries. The impact of which resulted in 3,162 deaths, affected more than 80 million people and caused more than US$32.4 billion (A).
The major disasters were floods and landslides occurring in Asia, South America and Africa (B).
The Survive & Thrive Global Development Alliance (GDA) is a public-private partnership established by the US Agency for International Development with pediatric, obstetric, and midwifery professional associations, the private sector and civil society to improve the quality of facility-based maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH) services in focus countries.
National Security, Interagency Collaboration, and Lessons from SOUTHCOM and AFRICOM
Before the Subcommittee on National Security
and Foreign Affairs
Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
U.S. House of Representatives
Tanzania Tackling Malaria, Maternal Health
By Laura Ashbaugh
Although Tanzania boasts political stability and one of the fastest growing economies in sub-Saharan Africa, it still faces alarming maternal mortality, rapid population growth, and widespread poverty.
USAID is assisting Tanzania in responding to these issues by helping to reduce malaria and HIV/AIDS, prevent maternal deaths, expand agribusiness, and protect the environment, said Tanzania Director Rob Cunnane on a recent trip to Washington.
A major part of the USAID budget in the African nation of 40 …
Below are highlights of USAID activities conducted in 2008 that support women and girls in the areas of economic opportunities and entrepreneurship; political participation and leadership; education; gender-based violence; legal rights; trafficking in persons; and HIV and AIDS.
Economic Opportunities and Entrepreneurship
Women make a significant contribution to the global economy and empowering women economically can lift entire families and communities out of poverty.
- USAID's Business Climate and Legal and Institutional Reform program will identify the barriers that …